Families Are Forever

Families Are Forever

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 20, 2010

Today has been a great day.  I started out rather antsy-- just toooo excited to get up.  I literally woke up every two hours wondering if morning was every going to come.  Then I couldn'tremember... why I was so excited I cant remember now, but just the same.  Russell got up and left at 6:30am to get home for the kids.  Court and Erin had to be taken to school by 7:35 am and the other kids had to be picked up by car pool by 8:10am or so.   Syd takes herself about 7:15am.  When Russ left I got in the shower.  I had to sit on a chair with a towel on it and just let the water run- it felt sooo good.  I just sat their for a good 15 minutes.  This is why I must have been so excited, I guess a simple pleasure.

Dr. Reichman came in early and I could hear him out in the halls.  He sauntered in and talked with me about getting a CT scan and he mentioned that I was doing well.  We talked about my treatment and he mention yesterday that my arteries had had trauma.  We discussed it.  I felt a lot better knowing that.

I had a slower day which was nice because I needed some rest.  Russell returned from taking the kids and we just took it easy He didn't have work, so he studied for his class in the afternoon.  I watched tv and read the paper and listened to several talks on dvd.  I rested. My mom came to relieve Russell and he went to class. 

I had several visitors, my older sister Tanise, she had just returned from Florida with the BYU team and Pres. Samuelson. It was a short quick trip for her.  We chatted and talked about miscellaneous stuff and laughed as sisters do.  Doug Cornell stopped by, one of my dear friends. The Radfords came and it was nice to snuggle their little baby.  Diane came and we laughed and laughed.  Diane you are awesome.  My brother, Aaron, and his family came to say hi and Russell came back with the kids for a short visit. Sydney came to get the kids after going to the gym.  Why is it you can't enjoy your family as you do others?  They seem to get on your nerves and you are done sooner than later. 

I had two CT scans, one in the morning early and one in the evening with contrast and it looked great from what I hear.  I enjoyed meeting many people at the hospital that were interested in why I was there 

It was a nice day.  It was good to see everyone that came to support me.  I can't believe I've had brain surgery.  It's amazing.

2 comments:

  1. oh! i'm so glad you are home and recovering well! i have been thinking of you tons and will be calling to see what you need soon! i don't want to overwhelm you. if you need a break from the kids, send them to play with mylee and derek! anytime i'm home, they are welcome here! we love you and your cute family! xo...julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey You, It is your cousin from California. Sure wish I could have been there. I know this is such a trauma not only for you but your family. It sounds like you are doing a great job and before you know it everyone will have forgotten about the surgery and you will be back at doing all those chores yourself. We however are frequently reminded by Alex when we ask her to do something, her response "I'm not sure I can handle this did you forget I had brain Surgery." You are in our prays and I know you are a fighter and will be home getting in shape for the next marathon. Hugs and Kisses Heather and the rest of my gang.

    ReplyDelete